TGC 136 Notification Indian Army
Nationality: A candidate must be unmarried male and must either be : (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India. Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by Government of India.
Age Limit: 20 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2023. (Candidates born between 02 Jan 1996 and 01 Jan 2003, both dates inclusive).
Educational Qualification: Candidates who have passed the requisite Engineering Degree course or in the final year of Engineering Degree course are eligible to apply. The candidate studying in the final year of Engg degree course should be able to submit proof of passing by 01 Jan 2023 and produce the Engg Degree Certificate within 12 weeks from the date of commencement of training at IMA.
How to Apply:
1. Applications will only be accepted online on website “www.joinindianarmy.nic.in”.
2. Click on ‘Officer Entry Apply/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’. Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
3. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard. A page ‘Officers Selection – Eligibility’ will open.
4. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Technical Graduate Course. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
5. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
6. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
7. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
8. Then click on ‘Submit Now’ only after carefully ascertaining that the correct details have been filled in. Candidates must click ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing.
9. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Short listing of Applications: Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right to shortlist applications and to fix cutoff percentage of marks for each Engineering discipline/stream without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the centre allotment will be intimated to the candidate via their email. After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to login to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first served basis, upto a specified date as will be intimated on the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates depending on the cutoff percentage will be interviewed at one of the Selection Centres viz. Allahabad (UP), Bhopal (MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (Punjab) by Psychologist, Group Testing Officer and Interviewing Officer. Call Up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centres through candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of DG Rtg, IHQ MoD (Army) and NO request for changes are entertained in this regard.
(c) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure at the SSB. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in Stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interviews is five days, and details of the same are available at official website of Dte Gen of Rtg www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination of the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued Joining Letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria merit list.
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the ssb interview does not confirm final selection. Merit list will be prepared engineering stream/subject wise on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at ssb interview.
Higher educational qualifications, previous performances, ncc background, etc have no role to play. Those in the merit list and who come within the stipulated stream wise vacancies, and are medically fit will be issued joining letters for pre-commissioning training at IMA Dehradun.
Type of Commission:
(a) Grant of Commission: Selected candidates will be granted Short Service Commission on probation in the rank of Lt from the date of commencement of the course or the date of reporting at IMA, whichever is later and will be entitled to full pay and allowances admissible to Lt during training period. Pay & allowances will be paid after successful completion of training.
(b) Permanent Commission: On successful completion of training cadets will be granted Permanent Commission in the Army in the rank of Lt.
(c) Ante Date Seniority: One year ante date seniority from the date of commission will be granted to Engineering Graduates of TGC Entry in the rank of Lt.
|TGC 136 Notification Date||11 May 2022|
|Last Date Of Online Submission||09 June 2022|
|TGC 136 Interview Dates||Aug – Oct 2022|
TGC 136 Notification (Official) : Download PDF