Most Expected Personal Interview Questions for SSB
Hello aspirants, We hope you are applying every inch of hard work and effort to earn the prestigious uniform of the Indian Armed Forces. In this appreciable blog, we are going to list the most expected questions for the Personal Interview conducted at Service Selection Board (SSB).
What is actually known as a Personal Interview?
- Personal Interview is an effective evaluation and in-depth study of the candidates at Service Selection Board (SSB).
- Personal Interview is a conversation that enables the Interviewing Officer (IO) to assess the personality of the candidates by posing general and technical questions.
- The candidate will be interviewed by the President or the Vice-President of the SSB Board to assess the ability and suitability of the candidate for a career in Indian Armed Forces.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP A)
• Tell me about your academic performance starting from your 10th class till graduation.
• Tell me your academic scores in each class and semesters.
• State your academic achievements if any.
• The teachers you liked and why did you like them.
• The teachers you didn’t like and why so.
• The subjects you liked and why.
• The subjects you didn’t like and why so.
• The subjects you were weak in and how did you improve on them.
• Who are your best friends and why.
• Tell your friend’s one good and one bad quality.
• Tell one quality from each of your friend’s that you like and want to learn.
• The games and sports you participated in.
• Extra co-curricular activities you took part in.
• State your achievements in these if any.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP B)
• Who all are in your family and their occupation.
• Do you stay with them or not. If not then how often you visit them and when.
• What all activities you do together and how do you spend time with them.
• Who are you closer to your mother or your father.
• Whom do you approach when you require help or facing any problem.
• How do you help your parents at home.
• If you have any monetary need whom do you approach.
• How do you spend your money and how much do you save.
• If you have neighbours what are your relations with them.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP C)
• What is your routine during weekdays.
• What is your routine during weekends.
• How you spend your spare time.
• What are your hobbies.
• What are your interests.
• What are the activities you take part in your family at festivals.
• Why didn’t you consider your hobby as a career path.
• If you had some more spare time what would you do.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP D)
• What sport you play and which level did you play at.
• Your achievements in the sport.
• Specific rules and regulations of that sport.
• Any current affairs related to the sport.
• Captain of the Indian Team for that sport and last tournament played.
• Famous Indian Personalities of that sport.
• Why do you like that sport.
• What did you learn from sports.
• What extra co-curricular activities you participated in.
• Why did you choose these activities over the others.
• What have been your achievements in them.
• Famous Indian Personalities in them if any.
• Major news of the past month or two months.
• India’s geo-political situation and relations with different countries.
• Main headlines of that day’s newspaper.
• International news relating to India.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP E)
• Which test did you like in Psychological Testing and why.
• Rate your performance in Psychological Testing out of 10.
• Which test did you like in GTO and why.
• Rate your performance in GTO out of 10.
• In which area do you think you performed better-Psych or GTO.
• What are your strengths.
• Why do you think these are your strengths.
• What are your weaknesses.
• What have you done to overcome your weaknesses.
Comprehensive Information Questionnaire (GROUP F)
• Tell some recent major defence developments.
• Tell me rank, structure and equipment of the Indian Armed Forces.
• Difference between different arms and services within the force.
• Which arms or service would you like to join and why.
• Where is the training and what’s its duration if selected.
• Why do you want to join the Defence Services.
• Why didn’t you get recommended in your previous attempts.
• How is this attempt different than your previous attempts.
• What will you do if you do not make it this time.
• What are your alternate career options for a better life.
We hope the article was helpful for all the defence aspirants who are preparing for SSB. if you have any doubt at all or you want to suggest anything then please leave a comment for us to help you in least possible time!!