ECE and EEE Branch Questions for SSB
List of ECE and EEE branch questions for SSB. We all know the importance of technical questions in the personal interview. Candidates appearing for the SSB of technical entries are often asked technical questions based on their branch. Are you a B.E/B.Tech graduate and still figuring out what actually needs to be prepared? Allow us to simplify it a bit for you.
We are here with a list of Branch questions that are likely to be asked in PI :
- What is Engineering? It’s the branch of science and technology concerned with the design, building, and use of engines, machines, and structures.
- What is cut-off frequency? Basically in electronic systems cutoff frequency applies to an edge – a frequency characterizing a boundary between a passband and a stopband.
- What is pass band? A Passband is the range of frequencies or wavelengths that can pass through a filter. Therefore, we can say that passband is the band that allows a range of frequencies to pass through it.
- What is modulation? Modulation is the process of varying one or more properties of a periodic waveform, called the carrier signal with a modulating signal that typically contains information to be transmitted.
- How many satellites are required to cover the earth? 3 satellites
- What is attenuation? Attenuation is basically a loss. It is a general term that refers to any reduction in the signal strength.
- What is multiplexing? Multiplexing is a method by which multiple analog or digital signals are combined into one signal over a shared medium. It basically integrates multiple analog or digital signals.
- What is an amplifier? An amplifier is an electronic device that increases the voltage, current or power of a signal.
- What is the difference between microprocessor and microcontroller? Microcontroller is like a small computer on a single IC. It contains a processor core, ROM, RAM and I/O pins dedicated to perform various tasks. On the other hand Microprocessor has only a CPU inside them in one or few Integrated Circuits. Moreover microcontrollers it does not have RAM, ROM and other peripherals. Infact Microcontroller does not need any external circuits whereas Microprocessor do need external circuits.
Other Basic questions that you must know being an engineer
- Difference between CDMA and GSM .
- Full duplex and half duplex.
- In addition to that read about, What is feedback? Types of feedback?
- Equally important is to go through Advantages of negative feedback over positive feedback.
- Moore’s law, Lenz law
- Different types of Antennas
In addition to these other Branch questions are :
- How a Radar works ?
- Furthermore read Principle of Radar .
- What is AWACS?
- How AWACS increases the range of radar communication?
- What is AM and FM?