JAG Entry Scheme 26 Course Notification For Law Graduates
JAG Entry Scheme 26 Course (APRIL 2021) Notification. Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female LAW GRADUATES for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army for Judge Advocate General Branch.
(a) Nationality: A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India, provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit: 21 to 27 years as on 01 Jan 2021 (Born not earlier than 02 Jan 1994 and not later than 01 Jan 2000; both dates inclusive.
(c) Educational Qualification: Minimum 55% aggregate marks in LLB Degree (three years professional after graduation or five years after 10+2 examination). The candidates should be eligible for registration as an
advocate with Bar Council of India/State. Candidate should be from a College/University recognized by Bar Council of India.
The total number of vacancies for 26th JAG course are 08. Vacancies for Men and Women are 05 and 03 respectively.
How to Apply:
- Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
- Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully.
- After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
- A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission JAG Entry Course.
- A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
- Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments. Personal information,
- Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
- ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries
already made. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’.
- Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
- The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
- The selection procedure is as follows:-
Shortlisting of Applications. Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason.
- After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email.
- After allotment of Selection Centre, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres.
- Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidate’s registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
- Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure. Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting i.e, www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
- Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
Duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
(a) Selected candidates will be detailed Pre-Commission for training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
(b) Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy. A candidate, who marries subsequent to the date of his/her application, though successful at the Services Selection Board interview and medical examination, will not be eligible for training. A candidate if he/she marries, while under training, shall be discharged and will be liable to refund all expenditure incurred on him/her by the government.
(c) All candidates who successfully complete Pre-Commission training at Officers Training Academy, Chennai will be awarded ‘Post Graduate Diploma in Defence Management and Strategic Studies’ by University of Madras.
ONLINE APPLICATION WILL OPEN ON 13 OCT 2020 AT 1200 HRS AND WILL CLOSE ON 11 NOV 2020 AT 1500 HRS.
BOOKS BY DDE FOR DEFENCE ASPIRANTS
HIGH SUCCESS RATE
Start your SSB preparations with these specially curated ebooks.
Stage 1 SSB – SSB Oir ebook
SSB Psychology Test – Click Here
SSB Group Tasks – Click Here
Thematic Apperception Test – Click Here
Situation Reaction Test – Click Here