Facts about Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman
Hello lads, hope you all are doing wonders.
The month of February had engaged all the countrymen with the aftermaths of the Pulwama attacks.
The country is proud of our fallen soldiers in Pulwama attack, and also the recent Air Strikes conducted by the Indian Air Force swells our heart with pride and glory.
Along with all these events, there was also the news, that Indian Air Force’s Wing Commander had been made a POW in Pakistan.
This brave son of our Indian soil is Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman.
Yesterday, Pakistan released him at the Wagah border and he was welcomed by the heavy mass of patriots.
This blog is completely dedicated to our Braveheart and we will be going to share important facts about Wing Commander Sir with you.
About Wing Commander Abhinandan Varthaman
- He is the brave fighter pilot of Indian Air Force who pilots a MiG-21 Bison.
- Wing Commander was commissioned back in the year 2004, from Air Force Academy.
- His father was Air Marshal, so service to the nation was in the blood.
- On 27th February 2019, he was flying a MiG-21 and retaliated to the Air raid of Pakistan.
- He is known to shot down a 4th Generation F-16 aircraft of Pakistan with his 2nd Generation MiG-21 Bison, which simply shows his dexterousness in flying skill.
- Even Lockheed Martin, the manufacturers of the F-16 Fighter aircraft baffled when they heard about the news of F-16 being shot down by a 1965 built MiG-21.
- During this action of 27th Feb Wing Commander’s MiG-21 was shot by Pakistanis, after which he ejected.
- He descended safely to the ground and destroyed all important documents in the water body to maintain the integrity of the country.
- In the events that followed he was ill-treated by the mob in Pakistan, later rescued by Pakistan Army.
- He was later interrogated by Pakistan Army but the bold tiger didn’t tell a word and said: “I am not supposed to tell you this, Major”.
- Wing Commander simply showed what he is made up off even in the grip of enemies.
- After three days in the enemy's custody, Wing Commander was released on 1st March at Wagah Border.
- A heavy mass of people gathered to welcome the hero to his abode.
- After coming back to India, Wing commander in a meeting with Defence minister Narrates Ordeal that he was Mentally Harassed in Pakistan. Pakistan also delayed his relaease in making a propaganda video. The video was doctored and had several cuts in it.
We are proud and thankful to Braveheart like Wing Commander Abhinandan.
Because of them, we are sleeping soundly in our beds, They stand vigil to defend us from any mishaps.