Meet Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar, the new AOC-in-C Western Air Command
Hello lads, the Indian Air Force is known for valour in the past as well as what it displayed recently.
In today’s blog, we are going to meet a dedicated Air Force Officers who will definitely give the aspirants goosebumps and motivation.
The Defence organizations like the Army, Navy and Air Force are divided into commands to work in a good manner.
The Indian Air Force has 7 Commands all over the country with their command HQ in different cities of India.
Following are the Commands of the Indian Air Force:
|South Western Command
Recently on 1st March Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar assumed the office of Western Air Command as Air Officer Command-in-Chief.
In this blog, we are going to tell you more and more about Raghunath Nambiar Sir.
Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar:
- Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar is an officer of the Indian Air Force.
- He is decorated with a Param Vishisht Seva Medal, Ati Vishisht Seva Medal, Vayu Seva Medal (bar).
- Nambiar is an alumnus of the great National Defence Academy, Khadakvasla, Pune.
- Air Marshal was commissioned into the fighter jet stream in June 1981.
- He has commanded the oldest squadron of the Indian Air Force, No. 1 Squadron.
- Nambiar took over from Air Marshal Chandrashekharan Hari Kumar on 1st
- He has also been Air Officer Commanding of AFS Jamnagar.
Flying skills of Air Marshal Nambiar:
- Air Marshal Raghunath Nambiar has clocked over 5100 hours of flying experience.
- Out of 5100 hours, 2300 hours of flying experience is with Mirage 2000.
- He has also flown 42 different types of Aircraft.
- Also been the test pilot for HAL Tejas Project.
- During Kargil War, Raghunath Sir is credited for shooting five laser-guided bombs on the Pakistani positions during the Kargil war from his plane.
The Western Air Command is headquartered in the national capital and controls the area from north of Bikaner in Rajasthan up to Siachen and controls almost 40 percent of Air Force Bases.
We are proud to have such a highly skilled and experienced officer to command the Western Air Command.
For more stuff, Stay tuned to DDE.