All You Want To Know About The Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet Missile
Hello lads, How’s the Josh?
It is well said that, “In war god is with those who have the biggest cannons.”
In todays blog we are going to discuss about the recent development by the DRDO.
The big cannons or the big guns that will definitely add up to the missile strenght of India and could be seen as a big threat by our foes.
We are going to tell you about the Solid Fuel ducted Ramjet missile system.
On 10th February 2019, the DRDO successfully test fired the Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet Missile.
Defence scientists conducted the demonstration of this missile system at Integrated Testing Range Chandipur, Odisha.
The second trial of the missile system added ground booster, seperation of ground booster and nozzle less booster.
Moreover, the missile was further guided to high altitude to stimulate the aircraft release conditions.
The SFDR project started in 2013 with an estimated funding of nearly Rs 500 cr to develop the technology and demonstrate it in 5 years.
In this blog we are going to clear all your doubts about the working principle, technology and application of the SFDR missile.
Working Principle and technology of Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet
- The SFDR propelled missile uses the air-breathing ramjet propulsion technology.
- This technology helps propel the missile at high supersonic speeds above 2 mach for engaging targets at long range.
- A ramjet is also sometimes referred to as flying stovepipe.
- The Ramjet uses the forward motion to compress incoming air without an axial compressor or a centrifugal compressor.
- The Ramjets works most efficiently at supersonic speeds around Mach 3.
- Ramjets differ from the pulsejets, which use an intermittent combustion, ramjets employ a continuous combustion process.
How Solid Fuel Ducted Ramjet strenghthens the Defence forces
- The Solid fuel ducted Ramjet propelled Air-to-Air missile equipped with an AESA seeker.
- It would certainly be a daunting proposition for the India’s rival.
- The missile system is known to match the capabilities of MBDA Meteor BVRAAM.
- The Ramjet speed of 2-3 mach enables the missile to penetrate its target more and more efficiently.
We hope that this blog definitely added up to your knowledge on Solid Fuel ducted Ramjet missile system.
For more stuff and defence knowledge, stay tuned to DDE.