Here is why the Indian Army, Navy and Airforce salute in a different way
- The life of a soldier is attributed to diligence, hard work, sacrifices, orderliness, and discipline.
- The personnel’s of the Indian Armed Forces carry themselves in a sophisticated manner, and it is always spectacular to watch the parade and their salutes.
- You can view their salutes during the Independence day and Republic day parades when the three chiefs of the Indian Armed Forces salute the President when the tank lowers close to his Dias at the Amar Jawan Jyoti, India Gate (New Delhi).
- The Salute is a gesture of respect or polite recognition but, Do you even know that the Indian Army, Navy and Air force differ even in the mannerism of their salute?
Indian Air force
• Earlier, the Indian Airforce and the Indian Army shared the same gesture of hand salute but to set themselves apart, the Indian Air force issued new salute norms on 15 March in the year of 2006.
• The salute was standardised to make it more convenient for the Indian Airforce and it signifies the rise of aircrafts to the skies with Glory.