Important science questions for CDS 1 2019 – Part 2
How are you doing friends? As you know, the general studies part in the CDS examination plays a very important role. Most importantly, the science part covers almost 23% and even more of the total number of questions in the general studies examination. It sometimes becomes difficult for the students to revise the biological concepts that they have learnt in the school. But leaving this part is not a good option as well because every single mark will decide the result of the exam.
Before we begin, you are highly advised to go through the Best curated current affairs for Combined defence service examination
|CDS 1 Descriptive Current affairs|
|CDS 1 current affairs revision notes|
Below are some of the important geography questions that are always in limelight
- Guavas are an excellent source of vitamin C.
- Vitamin D is essential for strong bones because it helps the body use calcium from the diet.
- Tendons are the connective tissue that connects bones with muscles whereas ligaments join bone to bone.
- Beadle and Tautum proposed the ‘One gene one enzyme theory’.
- 22 bones are present in the human skull.
- Dolphin is the national aquatic animal of India.
- The protein present in human hair and nails is keratin.
- The element involved in the control of water in the blood is potassium.
- Magnesium is essential for the formation of chlorophyll.
- In the process of photosynthesis, glucose releases oxygen.
- Vitamin k is necessary for blood clotting.
- Liver is the largest gland of human body.
- The sugar found in milk is lactose.
- A human heart has four chambers.
- Golgi bodies play a very important role in the formation of cell wall during cell division.
- Mitochondria is the powerhouse of cell.
- Insects have more than 0.75 million species.
- Bats are able to fly in the dark because they produce ultrasonic rays.
- Dogs and bats can cause rabies disease.
- White blood cells defend the body against infection.
- Protozoa is a plant having a single cell.
- The deficiency of vitamin D.
- There are 24 ribs in a human rib cage.
- Arteries transport the blood from the heart to the body.
- While veins transport blood from all the body parts to the heart.
- The main function of hemoglobin is to carry oxygen.
- Femur is the longest bone in the human body.
- Bacteria is essential for plants as well because it also helps in the nitrogen fixation process in the soil.
- Beri beri is caused by the deficiency of vitamin B.
- The ‘golden hour’ is the hour after a person gets a heart attack.
- Liver is the most affected organ due to fasting for a long period.
- In human body, the fat gets stored in the connective tissue adipocyte.
- Lysosome is formed from Golgi bodies.
Friends, gear up and give your best for the preparation.
ALL THE BEST