CDS 1 2020 Notification, Age Limit, Vacancies, Syllabus
UPSC has released the notification for the Combined Defence Services Examination 1 2020 (CDS Exam I 2020) today i.e 30 October 2019. UPSC CDS Exam is held twice a year for recruiting candidates for course conducted by IMA, INA, AFA and OTA.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY:
Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
(i) For Indian Military Academy — Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1997 and not later than 1st Jan, 2002 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy — Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1997 and not later than 1st Jan, 2002 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy — 20 to 24 years as on 1st Jan, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1997 and not later than 1st Jan, 2001. However Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. That is born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1995 and not later than 1st Jan, 2001) only are eligible.
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy — (SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1996 and not later than 1st Jan, 2002 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy — (SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd Jan, 1996 and not later than 1st Jan, 2002.
(i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 149th (DE) Course commencing in July, 2020 ——– 100 Vacancies
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2020 Executive (General Service)/Hydro ——— 45 Vacancies
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2020 i.e. No. 208 F(P) Course ——— 32 Vacancies
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 112th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2020 ——— 225 Vacancies
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai—26th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2020. ——— 16 Vacancies
HOW TO APPLY:
(i) Online registration will start from 30th October 2019.
(ii) Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in
(iii) Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications will be available on the above mentioned website.
Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only). Payment can be done by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
(i) The Online Applications can be filled from 30th October 2019 to 19th November, 2019 till 6:00 PM.
(ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 26.11.2019 to 03.11.2019 till 6.00 PM.
ENGLISH (Code No. 01)
The question paper will be designed to test the candidates’ understanding of English and workmanlike use of words.
GENERAL KNOWLEDGE (Code No. 02)
General Knowledge including knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of a nature
which candidate should be able to answer without special study.
ELEMENTARY MATHEMATICS (Code No. 03)
Number System—Natural numbers, Integers, Rational and Real numbers. Fundamental operations, addition, substraction, multiplication, division, Square roots, Decimal fractions. Unitary method, time and distance, time and work, percentages, applications to simple and compound interest, profit and loss, ratio and proportion, variation. Elementary Number Theory—Division algorithm. Prime and composite numbers.
Tests of divisibility by 2, 3, 4, 5, 9 and 11. Multiples and factors. Factorisation Theorem. H.C.F. and L.C.M. Euclidean algorithm. Logarithms to base 10, laws of logarithms, use of logarithmic tables.
Basic Operations, simple factors, Remainder Theorem, H.C.F., L.C.M., Theory of polynomials, solutions of quadratic equations, relation between its roots and coefficients (Only real roots to be considered). Simultaneous linear equations in two unknowns—analytical and graphical solutions. Simultaneous linear inequations in two variables and their solutions. Practical problems leading to two simultaneous linear equations or inequations in two variables or quadratic equations in one variable & their solutions. Set language and set notation, Rational expressions and conditional identities, Laws of indices.
Sine ×, cosine ×, Tangent × when 0° < × < 90° Values of sin ×, cos × and tan ×, for × = 0°, 30°, 45°, 60° and 90°
Simple trigonometric identities. Use of trigonometric tables.
Simple cases of heights and distances.
Lines and angles, Plane and plane figures, Theorems on (i) Properties of angles at a point, (ii) Parallel lines, (iii) Sides and angles of a triangle, (iv) Congruency of triangles, (v) Similar triangles, (vi) Concurrence of medians and altitudes, (vii) Properties of angles, sides and diagonals of a parallelogram, rectangle and square, (viii) Circles and its properties including tangents and normals, (ix) Loci.
Areas of squares, rectangles, parallelograms, triangle and circle. Areas of figures which can be split up into these figures (Field Book), Surface area and volume of cuboids, lateral surface and volume of right circular cones and cylinders, surface area and volume of spheres.
Collection and tabulation of statistical data, Graphical representation frequency polygons, histograms, bar charts, pie charts etc. Measures of central tendency.
HOW TO PREPARE:
Candidates preparing for CDS exam must refer CDS OTA book. Number of direct questions has appeared from the book in the previous exams hence making it one of the most preferred book among aspirants. Some of the salient features of the book are:
- The book is based on the exact pattern of the examination as conducted by the UPSC.
- ENGLISH section contains English Grammar, spotting error, fill-ups, sentence improvement, approach to the ordering of sentence & jumble words.
- It has a list of most important Antonym-Synonym and Solved Practice set.
- General Knowledge section covers Both Indian and World Geography, ancient & medieval History including Independence era, Absolute description of Politics, civics and every important information on Indian Defence which is likely to be asked in your exams. In addition, it covers Practical science & general science which is extremely helpful for those from Non-science background.
- This book will really help the students in developing the required Speed and Strike Rate, which will increase their final score in the exam.
- The Book contains latest pattern 600+ most important MCQs with simple techniques and a huge collection of solved questions along with sample papers.
CDS Exam is to be conducted on 2nd February 2020. Admit card will be available on the UPSC website 21 days before the exam date.
Start your SSB preparations with these specially curated ebooks.
Stage 1 SSB – SSB Oir ebook
SSB Psychology Test – Click Here
SSB Group Tasks – Click Here
Thematic Apperception Test – Click Here
Situation Reaction Test – Click Here
To Download Free SSB Material – Click Here