Passing Out Parade At IMA
General Manoj Pande, the Chief of the Army Staff, conducted a comprehensive review of the Passing Out Parade (POP) at the prestigious Indian Military Academy (IMA) in Dehradun. This momentous occasion witnessed the successful graduation of 374 Gentleman Cadets from the 152 Regular Course and 135 Technical Graduate Course, including 42 Gentleman Cadets from seven friendly foreign countries. The event was graced by the presence of the parents and family members of the Passing Out Gentleman Cadets, who solemnized the pipping ceremony to commemorate their wards’ entry into the Indian Army with a Permanent Commission.
The Passing Out Parade (POP) signifies the culmination of intensive training at Indian Military Academy, renowned for its focus on leadership, self-discipline, and the art of war. IMA’s training programs aim to nurture the intellectual, moral, and physical qualities essential for effective leadership in the armed forces. The institution instills values of patriotism, character, dynamism, initiative, and a profound understanding that form the very foundation of leadership within the Indian Army.
During the event, the Army Chief commended the Parade Commander and participants for their impeccable turnout and synchronized drill movements, exemplifying the high standards of training and discipline imbibed by these young leaders. He also expressed appreciation for the instructors and staff at Indian Military Academy, acknowledging their dedication in imparting exceptional training to shape the future leaders of the Army.
The Reviewing Officer presented the following awards: –
- The prestigious Sword of Honour award was awarded to Academy Under Officer Mihir Banerjee.
- Gold Medal for the Gentlemen Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit was awarded to Senior Under Officer Abhimanyu Singh.
- Silver Medal for the Gentlemen Cadet standing Second in the Order of Merit was awarded to Academy Under Officer Mihir Banerjee.
- Bronze Medal for the Gentlemen Cadet standing Third in the Order of Merit was awarded to Battallion Under Officer Kamalpreet Singh.
- Silver Medal for the Gentlemen Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Technical Graduate Course was awarded to Junior Under Officer Sury Bhan Singh.
- ‘Bangladesh Trophy & Medal’ for the Gentleman Cadet standing First in the Order of Merit from Foreign GCs was awarded to GC Kinga Lhendup (Bhutanese Army).
- Chief of Army Staff Banner was awarded to Cassino Company for standing Overall First amongst 12 training companies for the Spring Term 2023.
The Passing Out Parade was followed by most awaited “Pipping Ceremony,” in which the shining brass stars which were pipped by the proud parents of the newly commissioned officers of the Indian Army. These newly commissioned young Lieutenants will be joining their respective units all across the country, including the Northern & Western borders.