Interceptor Vessel C-441 Joins Coast Guard Service
Hello lads, hope you are doing great.
In today’s blog, we are going to tell you about the recent advancement in the Indian Coast Guard Services.
The Indian Coast Guard commissioned its latest acquisition, an interceptor vessel named C-441.
The ceremony took place at a ceremony held at the Vizhinjam harbour Kerala on Wednesday.
Chief Secretary Tom Jose commissioned the vessel into service.
ICGS C-441 is the seventh interceptor vessel amongst the series designed and built indigenously by L & T Ltd., Surat.
The vessel is commanded by Assistant Commandant Amit K. Choudhary, with a crew of 13 personnel.
Many renowned personalities were present during the launch of C-441 interceptor vessel:
- Inspector General Vijay D. Chafekar, Commander Coast Guard Region (West) Mumbai
- DIG Sanathan Jana, Commander Coast Guard District No.4 (Kerala and Mahe)
- Commandant Varghese and Dy.Comdt George Baby of Coast Guard Station, Vizhinjam
- Senior officers from the Army, Navy, Air Force, BSF, Police, Airport Authority, Central and State senior officials were present.
Built Specifications of C-441 Interceptor Vessel:
- The 27.8-meter-long vessel displaces 106 tonnes and has a maximum speed of 45 knots (83 km/hr).
- It is equipped with twin diesel engines and water jet propulsion.
- It also has the capability to undertake multifarious tasks such as:
- Close coast surveillance
- Search and rescue
- Rendering assistance to boats and crafts in distress at sea.
- The ship is fitted with state-of-the-art communication, navigational equipment and with light, medium and heavy automatic machine gun onboard as the main armament.
Advantages of these vessels on Maritime Activities:
The vessel C-441 that joins the Indian Coast Guard Services comes with many advantages:
- It will help the Indian Coast Guard for undertaking maritime activities like search and rescue.
- Helps in rendering assistance to mariners and fisherfolk in distress.
- Also provides medical evacuation and marine environment protection
- Helps in strict enforcement of marine laws, often braving bad seas, heavy winds, and rains.
So the C-441 is entirely an arrow to the quiver of Indian Coast Guard that will help it in the long run.
I hope this blog will help you get you acquainted with the recent development taking place in the defence forces.
For more content, stay tuned to DDE.