Facts About Sukhoi Su-57 Which Russia Wants To Sell India
In this blog, we will study about the Sukhoi SU-57 Stealth Air Superiority Fighter which Russia wants to sell India.
So let's start
What is Su-57?
- Sukhoi Su-57 is a single seat, twin-engine multi-role fifth-generation fighter aircraft developed for air superiority and attack operations.
- Su-57 is intended to succeed MiG-29 and Su-27 of the Russian Air Force.
- Its internal name is T-50 and this aircraft is the product of PAK FA which means 'prospective aeronautical complex of front-line air forces.
- This aircraft has an expected life of 35 years and its first flight took place in January 2010.
- Su-57E will be the export version of Su-57
What is so special about Su-57?
- A side facing Cheek- Mounted Radars – This feature was promised in F-22 Raptors of the USAF but was never delivered. These AESA X-band radars supplement the aircraft primarily nose-mounted X-band N036 Byelka (Squirrel) AESA radar. Its main advantage is that it allows the Su-57 pilot to execute a key tactic better than any other aircraft in the world known as "beaming". Beaming means when a fighter turns 90 degrees away from the enemy's pulse doppler radar array.
- Infrared Search and Track – The Su-57 sports an advanced 101KS 'Atoll' infrared search and track sensor in the traditional position on Russian fighters—installed atop the aircraft's nose.
- 3D Thrust Vectoring – 3D thrust vectors allows some incredible acrobatic feats at lower as well as higher altitudes.
- Unique weapon bay Configuration– It has a very unique tandem weapons bay which allows it to carry four to six air to air missiles. It is also capable of carrying KH-47 M2 Kinzhal missile which is not only a nuclear-capable missile but also travels at hypersonic speed.
In Langkawi aerospace exhibition Sukhoi's Spokesperson said: "once the export clearance is obtained, Russia will unveil Su-57 in Dubai Air Show which is scheduled in November 2019".
Apart from India, Russia is offering Su-57 to China as well which is a matter of concern.
Share and spread this information. Stay Connected to DDE for more such blogs and articles.
Stay tuned to DDE for more content.