Colonel Ranveer Jamwal– Indian army mountain man
Our Indian army not only excel in wars and operations but are evenly active in adventurous activities. In this post, we will see all the brave deeds accomplished by Col Jamwal. Let's begin
- Colonel Ranveer Singh Jamwal is the first Indian to summit the seven highest mountains across the seven continents, including climbing Mount Everest three times.
- He began his journey of climbing in 2003 after being enrolled in a mountaineering course at the Army's High Altitude Warfare School in Sonamarg, Jammu and Kashmir. It was here that he first climbed a mountain as high as 5,000 metres.
- He then joined the Army Adventure Wing that took him to climb higher mountains, and his adventurous career took a toll from here.
- He started his adventure feat from Mount Kilimanjaro in Africa in 2010, he achieved his final success with Mount Vinson in Antarctica last month.
- Jamwal climbed Mount Aconcagua in South America in January 2013. Then Mount Elbrus, the highest in Europe in June 2014. In October 2015, he rose Carstensz Pyramid in Oceania, Mount Denali in North America in June 2017.
- Col Jamwal is the recipient of the Tenzing Norgay National Adventure Award- India’s highest adventure award.
- He also scaled six mountains of above 20,000 feet in Chile in a world record time of 10 days.
- Although he lost one of his fingers while climbing Mt Mana due to frostbite, he didn’t lose hope took rest for some time and reverted back with full zeal.
- Col Jamwal quoted that- “We cannot challenge mountains. It has to be respected. I am not a winner on a mountain, but just a survivor. It is the mountain which allows me to climb.”
DDE team salute the brave heart for his deed of valour.
What’s your Reaction?