Top 11 best fighter jets in the world
I still remember when we were kids we used to dream of flying plane when we used to see one flying up in the sky. Most of us still live that dream and will achieve it one day.
In this post, I am going to talk about some of the best fighter jets in the world.
So, fasten your seatbelts and get ready to fly.
The Lockheed Martin F-35
- The Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II is a family of single-seat, single-engined, all-weather stealth multirole fighters.
- The fifth-generation combat aircraft is designed to perform ground-attack and air-superiority missions.
- The F-35 descends from the Lockheed Martin X-35, the winning design of the Joint Strike Fighter (JSF) program.
- It is built by Lockheed and many subcontractors, including Northrop Grumman, Pratt & Whitney, and BAE Systems.
- Maximum speed:Mach1.6 (1,930 km/h).
- Range:>2,220 km on internal fuel
- Combat radius:1,239 km interdiction mission on internal fuel, 1,407 km for internal air to air configuration.
- Missiles have air-to-air, air-to-surface, anti-ship along with gunner and bombing capabilities.
The Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor
- The Lockheed Martin F-22 Raptor is a fifth-generation, single-seat, twin-engine, all-weather stealth tactical fighter aircraft developed for the United States Air Force (USAF).
- The aircraft was designed primarily as an air superiority fighter, but also has the ground attack, electronic warfare, and signal intelligence capabilities.
- The prime contractor, Lockheed Martin, built most of the F-22's airframe and weapons systems and conducted final assembly, while Boeing provided the wings, avionics integration, and training methods.
- Supercruise: Mach 1.82 (1,220 mph, 1,960 km/h)
- Range: >2,960 km with 2 external fuel tanks
- Combat radius: 460 mi (with 100 nm in supercruise)
- Missile capability including air-to-air, air-to-surface along with rotatory cannon in wings for firing.
- The Sukhoi Su-57 is the designation for a stealth, single-seat, twin-engine multirole fifth-generation jet fighter being developed for air superiority and attack operations.
- The aircraft is the product of the PAK FA a fifth-generation fighter programme of the Russian Air Force.
- Sukhoi's internal name for the aircraft is T-50. The Su-57 will be the first aircraft in Russian military service to use stealth technology.
- Supercruise: Mach 1.6
- Range: 3,500 km subsonic1,500 km supersonic,3,600 km (max), 4,500 km from 2 outboard fuel tank.
- Missiles: Air-to-air missiles, air-to-surface, anti-ship, anti-radiation along with autocannon gun on wings.
- The Chengdu J-10 is a lightweight multirole fighter aircraft capable of all-weather operation.
- It is configured with a delta wing and canard design, with fly-by-wire flight controls.
- Produced by the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) for the People's Liberation Army Air Force (PLAAF)
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.8
- Combat radius: 550 km
- Missiles – air-to-air, air-to-surface, along with laser-guided bombs, satellite-guided bombs and gun on the wings.
- The Shenyang FC-31, also known as the J-31 is a twin-engine, mid-size fifth-generation jet fighter developed by Shenyang Aircraft Corporation.
- It has also been referred to as the "F-60" or "J-21 Snowy Owl" or "Falcon Hawk" by some military enthusiasts.
- J-xx nomenclatures in the Chinese military is reserved to programs launched and financed by the army.
- Maximum speed: 2,200 km/h
- Combat range: 1,250 km on internal fuel, or 2,000 kilometres with external tanks
- Missiles- air-to-air, air-to-ground along with heavy deep-penetrating bombs.
- The Eurofighter Typhoon is a twin-engine, canard-delta wing, multirole fighter.
- The Typhoon was designed originally as an air superiority fighter and is manufactured by a consortium of Airbus, BAE Systems and Leonardo that conducts the majority of the project through a joint holding company formed in 1986.
- NATO Eurofighter and Tornado Management Agency manages the project and is the prime customer.
- Supercruise: Mach 1.5
- Range: 2,900 km
- Combat radius1,389 km air and ground
- Missiles air-to-air, air-to-surface along with revolver cannon with 150 rounds and bombs which are laser guided.
- The Dassault Rafale (meaning "gust of wind") is a French twin-engine, canard-delta wing, multirole fighter aircraft designed and built by Dassault Aviation.
- Equipped with a wide range of weapons, the Rafale is intended to perform air supremacy, interdiction, aerial reconnaissance, ground support, in-depth strike, anti-ship strike and nuclear deterrence missions.
- The Rafale is referred to as an "omnirole" aircraft by Dassault
- Maximum speed:
High altitude: Mach 1.8 (1,912 km/h; 1,032 knots)
Low altitude: Mach 1.1 (1,390 km/h; 750 knots)
- Range: >3,700 km
- Combat radius: >1,852 km
- Missiles- air-to-air, air-to-ground, air-to-surface, along with autocannon on wings .
- The Mikoyan MiG-35 is a Russian multirole fighter that is designed by Mikoyan, a division of the United Aircraft Corporation (UAC).
- Marketed as a 4++ generation jet fighter, it is a further development of the MiG-29M/M2 and MiG-29K/KUB fighters.
- The prototype was a modification of the aircraft that previously served as a MiG-29M2 model demonstrator.
- Mikoyan first officially presented the MiG-35 internationally during the 2007 Aero India air show.
- Maximum speed:
At altitude: Mach 2.2 (2,400 km/h; 1,490 mph)
At sea level: Mach 1.17 (1,450 km/h; 900 mph)
- Range: 2,000 km
- Combat radius: 1,000 km
- Missiles- air-to-air, air-to-surface, anti-ship, anti-radiation with autocannon with 150 rounds on wings and laser guided bombs.
Saab JAS 39 Gripen
- The Saab JAS 39 Gripen is a light single-engine multirole fighter aircraft manufactured by the Swedish aerospace company Saab.
- It was designed to replace the Saab 35 Draken and 37 Viggen in the Swedish Air Force.
- The Gripen has a delta wing and canard configuration with relaxed stability design and fly-by-wire flight controls.
- It is powered by the Volvo RM12 and has a top speed of Mach 2. Later aircraft are modified for NATO interoperability standards and to undertake air to air refuelling.
- Maximum speed:
High altitude: Mach ≈2.00 (2,460+ km/h, 1,530+ mph)
- Combat radius: 800 km
- Rocket pods along with missiles and revolver cannon and laser-guided bombs.
McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle
- The McDonnell Douglas F-15 Eagle is an American twin-engined, all-weather tactical fighter aircraft designed by McDonnell Douglas (now Boeing) to gain and maintain air supremacy in all aspects of aerial combat.
- The United States Air Force selected McDonnell Douglas's design in 1967 to meet the service's need for a dedicated air-superiority fighter.
- The Eagle first flew in July 1972 and entered service in 1976. It is among the most successful modern fighters, with over 100 victories and no losses in aerial combat, with the majority of the kills by the Israeli Air Force.
- Maximum speed:
High altitude: Mach 2.5+ (1,650+ mph, 2,665+ km/h)
Low altitude: Mach 1.2 (900 mph, 1,450 km/h)
- Combat radius: 1,061 nmi (1,222 mi, 1,967 km) for interdiction mission
- Along with six barrel rotary cannon with 940 rounds and missiles.
HAL Tejas Fighter Jet
- The HAL Tejas is an Indian single-seat, single-jet engine, a multirole light fighter designed by the Aeronautical Development Agency (ADA) and Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force and Indian Navy.
- It came from the Light Combat Aircraft (LCA) programme, which began in the 1980s to replace India's ageing MiG-21 fighters. In 2003, the LCA was officially named "Tejas".
- Maximum speed: Mach 1.8 (2,205 km/h)
- Range: 850 km
- Combat radius: 500 km with drop tank.
- Rocket pods along with air-to-air, anti-ship, air-to-surface missiles, laser-guided bombs with twin barrel cannon on wings for firing.
Stay connected with DDE for more such post.