Highest Military Award of the different countries in the world
How's the Josh Warriors?
Hello Buddies, I hope you are applying every inch of hard work and effort to earn the prestigious uniform of the Indian Armed Forces. In this appreciable blog, I am going to tell the highest military awards of the different countries in the world.
What is known as the highest Military Award of a country?
- The highest military decoration is a distinctively designed award given as a mark of honor for military heroism, meritorious or outstanding service or achievement for the nation.
- The highest Military Award is often a medal consisting of a ribbon and a medallion.
- The highest military decoration or award of a nation include:
- Order of merit.
- Bravery awards, in the form of a cross, star or medal on a ribbon.
- Distinguished service awards, in the form of a cross, star or medal on a ribbon.
- Campaign medals worn on a ribbon.
- Service medals worn on a ribbon.
- Awards for entire units, in the form of Battle Honours.
Victoria Cross – Australia
- The Victoria Cross for Australia is the highest honour and the pre eminent award for acts of bravery during wartime in Australia.
- The insignia is made of bronze with engraved figures of crown and lion.
- The Victoria Cross for Australia is awarded to a person who displays the most conspicuous gallantry or daring or pre eminent act of valour or self sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of enemy.
Param Vir Chakra – India
- The Param Vir Chakra is the highest military decoration bestowed to Indian Armed Forces for extreme bravery and acts of supreme sacrifice in wartime against enemy.
- Param Vir Chakra was basically designed by Savitri Khanolkar, an Army wife. She also designed the other medals like the Mahavir Chakra, the Vir Chakra, and the peacetime gallantry awards that is the Ashoka Chakra, the Kirti Chakra, and the Shaurya Chakra.
- The Param Vir Chakra had been awarded a total of 21 times in India, for the display of supreme valor during wartime. Of the 21 PVC’s, by and large 20 have been from the Indian Army and one has been from the Indian Air Force.
Order of the Heroic Exemplar – China
- Order of Heroic Exemplar is the highest military decoration awarded by the Government of People's Republic China.
- The award was constituted in 1951 to set examples for military men , to give inspiration and to encourage the warriors.
- The Order of the Heroic Exemplar is divided into three consecutive classes (Special, First and Second) by the People's Republic Army.
Legion of Honor – France
- Leign of Honor is the highest military and civilian decoration of France constituted in the year of 1967.
- The Legion of Honor can be revoked in the event of criminal conviction or action that is dishonorable or that may harm to the interests of France.
- It is awarded to the citizens of France with no criminal record, who has demonstrated outstanding merits in the service of the nation, in a military or a civilian capacity.
Victoria Cross – United Kingdom
- The Victoria Cross is the highest and most prestigious award of the United Kingdom constituted by the Queen Victoria in the year of 1856.
- The Victoria Cross is awarded for the most conspicuous bravery or daring or pre eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of the enemy.
- It may be awarded to a person of any military rank in any service and to civilians under military command although no civilian has received the award since 1879.
Nishan-e-Haider – Pakistan
- Nishan-e-Haider which is literally considered as a mark of the Lion of God is the highest military award of Pakistan.
- The word Haider is also the Epithet of Ali who was a valiant warrior or leader and is considered as the Lion of God in Pakistan.
- The Nishan-e-Haider is awarded to members of the Pakistan Armed Forces for the highest acts of extraordinary bravery in the face of the enemy in air, land or sea.
The Order of Saint George – Russia
- The Order of Saint George is the highest military decoration of the Russian Federation established on November 26 in the year of 1769 by Empress Catherine.
- The Order of Saint George is divided into four classes (First, Second, Third and Fourth) by the Government of France.
- The Order of Saint George is awarded to highest and senior military officers for the conduct of military operations to protect the fatherland from attack by an external enemy.
Medal of Honor – USA
- The Medal of Honor is the highest military decoration of the United States of America (USA) constituted in the year of 1850.
- The Medal of Honor is awarded for the conspicuous gallantry and intrepidity at the risk of life beyond call of duty.
- There are three different versions of the award each for Army, Airforce and Navy.
Victoria Cross – Canada
- Victoria Cross for Canada is the highest military decoration and have awarded to the Canadian Forces for most conspicuous gallantry or daring or pre-eminent act of valour or self-sacrifice or extreme devotion to duty in the presence of enemy.
- The Canadian Victoria Cross is similar to the Victoria Crosses of the other Commonwealth countries in design, colour and appearances.
- The major difference is that it is awarded for actions not necessarily in wartime situations but also for actions against hostile forces and pirates.
I hope the article was helpful for all the defence aspirants, if you have any doubt at all or you want to suggest me anything then please leave a comment to help you in the least possible time!!
⚔ Jai Hind ⚔