NCC Special Entry 55 Course
NCC Special Entry Scheme 55 course Notification (April 2024). Applications are invited from unmarried male and unmarried female (including Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel), for grant of Short Service Commission in the Indian Army.
(a) Nationality: A candidate must either be: (i) A citizen of India, or (ii) A subject of Bhutan, or (iii) A subject of Nepal, or (iv) A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before the 1st of January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or (v) A person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka and East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire and Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories (ii), (iii), (iv) and (v) above shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India. Certificate of eligibility will, however, not be necessary in the case of candidates who are Gorkha subjects of Nepal.
(b) Age Limit: For NCC candidates (including wards of Battle Casualties)19 to 25 years as on 01 July 2023 (born not earlier than 02 January 1999 and not later than 01 Jan 2005; both dates inclusive).
(c) Educational Qualification and other Criteria:
(i) For NCC ‘C’ Certificate Holders
Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. Those studying in final year are also allowed to apply provided they have secured minimum 50% aggregate marks in the first two/three years of three/four years degree course respectively. Such students will need to secure overall aggregate of minimum 50% marks in degree course if selected in interview, failing which their candidature will be CANCELLED.
2. Service in NCC: Should have served for minimum two/three academic years (as applicable) in the senior Division/Wing of NCC.
3. Grading: Should have obtained minimum of ‘B’ Grade in ‘C’ Certificate Exam of NCC. Applicants, who are not holding NCC ‘C’ Certificate on date of application, are not eligible to apply for the course.
(ii) For Wards of Battle Casualties of Army Personnel
Eligibility Criteria: The vacancies under wards of battle casualties are available to wards (unmarried sons and unmarried daughters including legally adopted) of Battle casualties specified as:-
(1) Killed in action.
(2) Died of wound or injuries (Other than self-inflicted).
(3) Wounded or Injured (Other than self-inflicted).
Educational Qualification: Degree of a recognized University or equivalent with aggregate of minimum 50% marks taking into account marks of all the years. NCC ‘C’ certificate NOT required for Wards of Battle Casualties.
(a) NCC Men: 50 (45 for General Category and 05 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
(b) NCC Women: 05 (04 for General Category and 01 for Wards of Battle Casualties of Army personnel only).
Duration of training is 49 weeks at OTA, Chennai.
(a) Selected candidates will be detailed for Pre-Commission training at OTA, Chennai according to their position in the final order of merit, up to the number of available vacancies, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
(b) Candidates will neither be allowed to marry during the period of training nor will he/she be allowed to live with parents/Guardians. Candidates must not marry until they complete the full training at the Officers Training Academy.
How to Apply:
1. Applications will only be accepted online on website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
2. Click on ‘Officer Entry Appln/Login’ and then click ‘Registration’ (Registrations not required, if already registered on www.joinindianarmy.nic.in).
3. Fill the online registration form after reading the instructions carefully. After getting registered, click on ‘Apply Online’ under Dashboard.
4. A page ‘Officers Selection – ‘Eligibility’ will open.
5. Then click ‘Apply’ shown against Short Service Commission NCC Special Entry Course.
6. A page ‘Application Form’ will open.
7. Read the instructions carefully and click ‘Continue’ to fill details as required under various segments.
8. Personal information, Communication details, Education details and details of previous SSB.
9. ‘Save & Continue’ each time before you go to the next segment.
10. After filling details on the last segment, you will move to a page ‘Summary of your information’ wherein you can check and edit the entries already made.
11. Only after ascertaining the correctness of all your details, click on ‘Submit Now’.
12. Candidates must click on ‘Submit Now’ each time they open the application for editing any details.
13. The candidates are required to take out two copies of their application having Roll Number, 30 minutes after final closure of online application on last day.
The selection procedure is as follows:-
(a) Shortlisting of Applications: Integrated HQ of MoD (Army) reserves the right for shortlisting of applications, without assigning any reason. After shortlisting of applications, the Centre allotment will be intimated to candidates via their email. After allotment of selection centres, candidates will have to log in to the website and select their SSB dates which are available on a first come first serve basis initially. Thereafter, it will be allotted by the Selection Centres.
(b) Only shortlisted eligible candidates will undergo SSB at Selection Centres, Allahabad(UP), Bhopal(MP), Bangalore (Karnataka) and Kapurthala (PB). Call up letter for SSB interview will be issued by respective Selection Centre on candidates’ registered e-mail id and SMS only. Allotment of Selection Centre is at the discretion of Directorate General of Recruiting, IHQ of MoD (Army) and NO request for changes will be entertained in this regard.
(c) Candidates will be put through two stage selection procedure.
Those who clear Stage I will go to Stage II. Those who fail in stage I will be returned on the same day. Duration of SSB interview is five days and details of the same are available on official website of Directorate General of Recruiting ie www.joinindianarmy.nic.in. This will be followed by a medical examination for the candidates who get recommended after Stage II.
(d) Candidates recommended by the SSB and declared medically fit, will be issued joining letter for training in the order of merit, depending on the number of vacancies available, subject to meeting all eligibility criteria.
It is to be noted that mere qualifying at the ssb interview does not confirm final selection. merit list will be prepared on the basis of the marks obtained by the candidate at ssb interview. higher educational qualifications, previous performances, etc have no role to play.
|Starting date of online submission||05 July 2023|
|Last date of online submission||03 August 2023|
|SSB Interview dates||Oct – Dec 2023|
|Course commencement date||April 2024|
|SSB Study Material||Click Here|
55 NCC Special Entry Notification : Download PDF