CDS 2 2020 Notification [Exam Date : 08 November 2020]
CDS 2 2020 Notification [Eligibility, Syllabus & Exam Date]. UPSC will be conducting the CDS exam to recruit candidates for course conducted by Indian Military Academy, Indian Naval Academy, Air Force Academy and Officers Training Academy. CDS is a national level exam conducted twice a year in the month of February and November.
Read below to get all the information about CDS 2 2020 notification, eligibility, exam date, vacancies, syllabus, exam pattern, selection process, how to prepare and more.
CONDITIONS OF ELIGIBILITY: Age Limits, Sex and Marital Status :
(i) For IMA—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(iii) For Air Force Academy— 20 to 24 years as on 1st July, 2021 i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1997 and not later than 1st July, 2001 (Upper age limit for candidates holding valid and current Commercial Pilot Licence issued by DGCA (India) is relaxable upto 26 yrs. i.e. born not earlier than 2nd July, 1995 and not later than 1st July, 2001) only are eligible.
(iv) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Course for men) unmarried male candidates born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002 only are eligible.
(v) For Officers’ Training Academy—(SSC Women Non-Technical Course) Unmarried women, issueless widows who have not remarried and issueless divorcees (in possession of divorce documents) who have not remarried are eligible. They should have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1996 and not later than 1st July, 2002.
EDUCATION QUALIFICATION: (i) For I.M.A. and Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai — Degree of a recognised University or equivalent.
(ii) For Indian Naval Academy—Degree in Engineering from a recognised University/Institution.
(iii) For Air Force Academy—Degree of a recognised University (with Physics and Mathematics at 10+2 level) or Bachelor of Engineering.
1. Indian Military Academy, Dehradun— 151st (DE) Course commencing in July, 2021 ——– 100 Vacancies
2. Indian Naval Academy, Ezhimala—Course commencing in July, 2021 Executive (General Service)/Hydro ——— 45 Vacancies
3. Air Force Academy, Hyderabad—(Pre-Flying) Training Course commencing in July, 2021 i.e. No. 210 F(P) Course ——— 32 Vacancies
4. Officers’ Training Academy, Chennai (Madras)— 114th SSC (Men) Course (NT) commencing in October, 2021 ——— 225 Vacancies
5. Officers Training Academy, Chennai—28th SSC Women (Non-Technical) Course commencing in October, 2021. ——— 15 Vacancies
HOW TO APPLY: (i) Candidates are required to apply Online using the link www.upsconline.nic.in
(ii) Detailed instructions for filling up Online Applications are available on the above mentioned website.
EXAM FEES: Candidates (excepting Female/SC/ST candidates who are exempted from payment of fee) are required to pay a fee of Rs. 200/- (Rupees Two Hundred Only) either by depositing the money in any Branch of SBI by cash, or by using net banking facility of State Bank of India or by using Visa/Master/Rupay Credit/Debit Card.
IMPORTANT DATES: (i) The Online Applications can be filled upto 25th August, 2020 till 6:00 PM.
(ii) The online Applications can be withdrawn from 01.09.2020 to 08.09.2020 till 6.00 PM.
HOW TO PREPARE: Candidates preparing for CDSE must refer CDS OTA book. Number of direct questions have appeared from the book in the previous exams hence making it one of the most preferred book amongst cds aspirants. Some of the salient features of the book are:
- The book is based on the exact pattern of the examination as conducted by the UPSC.
- ENGLISH section contains English Grammar, Logics on spotting error, fill-ups, sentence improvement, approach to the ordering of sentence & jumble words.
- It has a list of most important Antonym-Synonym and Solved Practice set.
- General Knowledge section covers Both Indian and World Geography, ancient & medieval History including Independence era, Absolute description of Politics, civics and every important information on Indian Defence which is likely to be asked in your exams. In addition, it covers Practical science & general science which is extremely helpful for those from Non-science background.
- This book will really help the students in developing the required Speed and Strike Rate, which will increase their final score in the exam.
- The Book contains latest pattern 600+ most important MCQs with simple techniques and a huge collection of solved questions along with sample papers.
EXAM DATE: CDS Exam will be conducted on 8th November 2020. Admit card will be available on the UPSC website 21 days before the exam date.
BOOKS BY DDE FOR DEFENCE ASPIRANTS
HIGH SUCCESS RATE
Start your SSB preparations with these specially curated ebooks.
Stage 1 SSB – SSB Oir ebook
SSB Psychology Test – Click Here
SSB Group Tasks – Click Here
Thematic Apperception Test – Click Here
Situation Reaction Test – Click Here