CDS 2 2018 Notification and other important details
UPSC will invite applications for CDS 2 2018 from August 8th and the last date to apply will be 3rd September.
When is the exam ? Exam will be on 18th of november. It will be divided into 3 papers
S. No. Paper Questions Marks Time 1 ENGLISH 120 100 9 am-11 am(2 hours) 2 GENERAL ABILITY 120 100 12 am-2 pm(2 hours) 3 MATHEMATICS 100 100 3 pm-5 pm (2 hours)
Where do i apply ? Apply online at the official website of UPSC
- Go to ups.gov.in
- Click on Part 1 and submit your personal and contact details.
- Further, set your preference for the academies as per your qualification and age.
- keep your registration id safe and head to Part 2 of the application for payment.
- Select the mode of depositing the fees of Rs. 200.
- After depositing the fees, select your centre of examination.
- Then upload our photo and signature in mentioned file size and dimensions.
- Lastly, submit the form.
- You may kleep a copy of the application form for future reference
What is the age criteria ?
- Air force – 02 July , 1995 – 01 July , 1999 (19-23 years)
- Army – IMA- 2nd July 1995 – 1st July 2000 (19-24) and OTA- 2nd July , 1994 – 1st July , 2000(19-25) years
- Navy – 2nd July , 1995 – 1st July , 2000(19- 22) years
What is the education criteria ? Any graduate (B.E Btech, BA, Bsc, BBA, Bcom etc ) from a recognized university is eligible to apply for OTA & IMA.
For INA, you need to be B.E/B.tech Graduate.
For AFA, you need to have physics and mathematics in your 10+2. There is no minimum percentage criteria for 10+2 as in AFCAT.
Click here to check your universities recognition.
Further, Graduation here refers to a minimum baccalaureate. Diploma alone is not counted as bachelor’s degree.
A look into Combined Defence service exams : Combined Defence service exam popularly known as CDSE is conducted by UPSC. while females can apply only for ARMY (OTA) Male aspirant aspiring to become an officer in Indian Army, Navy, Air-force gets an appealing opportunity through this entry. Aspirants who appear for CDSE will give 3 papers.
- PAPER – 1 is ENGLISH
- PAPER – 2 is G.K (GENERAL KNOWLEDGE)
These two papers are compulsory. Aspirants should qualify in both the papers with minimum 20 marks each. Furthermore, candidate has to score minimum aggregate cut off as decided by UPSC. Only then he is shortlisted for OFFICERS TRAINING ACADEMY and called for SSB Both males and females can appear for OTA.
- PAPER – 3 is MATH
This paper is optional. One has to qualify in mathematics by obtaining 20 marks. In addition he needs score minimum cut off for IMA, AFA, INA as decided by UPSC. Only then does he qualify for IMA, AFA & INA respectively
Which book should i refer ? Get COMBINED CDS (OTA) BOOK & CDS 2 current affairs e-Book (Available in September)