Things you should know about Balakot Surgical Strike
Hi Aspirants ,
Here in this post you will read about Balakot surgical strike carried out by IAF .
- The 2019 Balakot airstrike was conducted by India on February 26 .
- Indian warplanes crossed the border in the disputed region of Kashmir.
- And dropped bombs in the vicinity of the town of Balakot in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa province in Pakistan.
- Besides it was first announced by Pak military that Indian planes dropping their payload in an uninhabited area near Balakot.
- Furthermore India confirmed the airstrike later the same day, said it to be against a terrorist training camp .
- But Pakistan retaliated the next day and shot down an Indian warplane.
- In addition they captured pilot Abhinandan Varthaman and returned him on 1st March.
- The airstrikes were the first time since the India-Pakistan war of 1971 that warplanes of either country crossed the Line of Control .
- On 14 February 2019 a convoy of vehicles carrying security personnel on Jammu Srinagar National Highway was attacked by a vehicle-borne suicide bomber at Lethpora in the Pulwama district.
- The attack resulted in the deaths of 46 CRPF personnel and the attacker.
- Pakistan condemned the attack, and denied any connection to it.
Pakistan wary about safety of its F-16
The Pakistan Air Force has taken out its F-16 from their home bases.
Moreover has deployed them at their satellite fields in a scattered manner
Furthermore it has also maintained a heavy deployment of tanks
Also armoured regiments along Sialkot region .
Stay connected to DDE for further updates
JAI HIND !!