Mission Shakti: India A Space Super Power
In today’s blog, we are going to tell you about a recent operation conducted by India Mission Shakti.
On 27th March 2019, our country launched this space operation and proved the dominance of India among the world’s superpower.
It is a very special moment for all the countrymen and it swells our heart with pride, it is one of the biggest achievements of India so far.
India carried out an anti-satellite missile test and registers itself as an elite space power in the world.
Mission Shakti is a very important step towards securing the safety, economic growth and technological advancement of the country.
What is Mission Shakti?
- Mission Shakti was a test mission to test the capabilities of Made In India’s A-SAT missile.
- The mission was an extremely difficult one and required high skills of technical achievement.
- The motive of the mission is for the development and the security of India.
- In this mission, India shot down a Low Earth Orbit Satellite by Anti Satellite missile.
- The mission was completed just within three minutes.
- The mission also shows the preparedness of India to the world in case any satellite eavesdrops to lower orbital of India.
- A Low Earth Orbit refers to an Earth-centered orbit at an altitude of 2000 km.
- A-SAT is a weapon system designated to destroy or incapacitate satellites.
Prime Minister addressed the people on this big success
- PM Shri Narendra Modi addressed the people and said that till now the US, Russia, and China had this achievement.
- Now India is the fourth nation that has achieved it.
- He also added that it is an important step towards securing India’s safety, economic growth and technological advancement.
- Also, the A-SAT missile will give new strengths to India’s space programme.
- It is purely India’s defence initiative for its security.
- This test also does not breach any international law or treaties.
- He described Mission Shakti special for two reasons:
- India is only the 4th country to acquire such a specialized and modern capability.
- The entire effort is indigenous.
Well, I can say it’s a proud moment for all of us.
India again proved its mettle to the world emerging a space superpower.
A big salute to the scientists and the team of DRDO and ISRO who conducted this difficult operation for the betterment of the country.
For more stuff, Stay tuned to DDE.