PINAKA GUIDED MISSILE
On 13 March 2019 DRDO successfully test fired pinaka mark II guided rocket system at pokhran desert in rajasthan .
- Pinaka is a multibarrer rocket launch system by DRDO for the indian army.
- The rocket system is name after pinaka, the bow of Lord Shiva.
- It is the third successful test of pinaka mark II.
- It's speed is increases upto 90 km.
- Pinaka rockets were used in the kargil war and played an important role in recapturing important peaks.
- It includes 12 guided rockets , fully computerized and hits the target with full precision .
- pinaka can be use as tactical nuclear weapon missile system .
- It is based on shoot and scoot artillery tactic .
- Total warhead weight is of 100 kg and total weight is 276 kg.
- The fire rate of Pinaka is approx 44 seconds.
What’s your Reaction?