Surgical Strike 3.0: No one knew about
Hello lads, hope you are doing great.
While the world and our country were engaged in the Pulwama attack and its aftermath the Balakot Airstrikes.
Followed by Wing Commander Abhinandan’s brave saga and his return from Pakistan back to his soil.
The Indian Army carried out another strike to eliminate the Arakan Army insurgents in the North-Eastern front.
The Indian Army again proved there mettle by eliminating the Arakan insurgents in yet another Surgical Strike which I feel to name as Surgical Strike 3.0.
This news broke into social media and other platforms on 15th March 2019.
These bold actions by the Indian Army simply prove that we are safe and sound from all the threats that are encompassing the boundaries of the country.
What is an Arakan Army?
- Arakan Army is a Rakhine insurgent group in Myanmar.
- It was founded on 10th April 2009.
- The group is an armed wing of the United League of Arakan.
- It is currently led by Major General Twan Mrat Naing.
- The group has been designated as terrorist by Myanmar.
- The numbers in the Arakan Army is estimated to be around 7000 as of now.
Facts about Surgical Strike 3.0
- The Indian Army carried out this mega strike to eliminate Arakan Rebels along the Indo-Myanmar border.
- This was a joint operation led by the Indian and the Myanmar armies.
- The Strikes were carried out on February 17 and March 2 according to the sources.
- The Arakan Army was causing a threat to major Indian infrastructure project-The Kaladan project.
- In the coming events, the deadly Naga group NSCN (K)’s camps were also destroyed by the I Indian Army.
- This Surgical strike took place for over 2-weeks.
I hope you like the blog. For more such stories stay tuned to DDE.
In the concluding lines, the valour of our Army swells my heart with pride and I would like to say “Yeh Naya Hindustan hai, yeh Ghar main ghusega bhi aur maarega bhi”.