SIG716-G2 -The new rifle in Indian army arsenal
Assault rifle plays a crucial role during the war and while guarding borders. The life of soldier depends on this vital equipment and thus must be very useful and accurate. India army recently has just cleared the purchase of 72,400 SIG716-G2 rifles from Sig Sauer rifles for the Indian military, initially for soldiers under challenging conditions, fighting infiltrating terrorists in Jammu and Kashmir. In this post, we will look at the various aspects of this rifle. Let's begin
- Combined reliability and effectiveness of the SIG516 series rifle make it more power which is accompanied by a more powerful 7.62mm cartridge.
- SIG716 G2 features a short-stroke pushrod gas system which reduces the excessive heat and unburnt powder generation ensuring reliability and function that is unmatched.
Adjustable Gas Valve
- All SIG716 G2 rifles have an adjustable gas valve that can be opened to increase gas flow when ammunition require additional cycling energy.
- Gas flow can also be reduced or shut-off for use with suppressors.
- All barrels are threaded 5/8×24 TPI to accept most popular flash suppressor and sound suppressor mounts and come with a flash hider installed.
Easy to handle
- The SIG716 G2 comes standard with 6-position stock and polymer grip for the secure handling.
- A free-floating, aluminium, full-length integrated top rail provides quick mounting for optics and accessories.
- The rifle comes with both right and left-handed control features which add to its plus point.
All these features are new and will boost the morale of the soldiers who are guarding our border as he will have full trust in his weapon.
Stay tuned with DDE for more.