Territorial Army 2019 Notification
Applications are invited from gainfully employed Ex-Armed Forces Commissioned Officers for an opportunity of donning the uniform and serving the Nation as Territorial Army
Officers (Non-Departmental), based on the concept of enabling motivated Ex-Service Officers to serve in a military environment without having to sacrifice their primary professions.
You can serve the Nation in two capacities – as a civilian and as a soldier. No other option allows you such an expanse of experiences.
PART TIME COMMITMENT AND FULL TIME HONOUR
- Only Ex Service Officer can apply.
- Only citizen of India (male and female).
Age Limits :
- 18 to 42 years on the date of application.
Educational Qualifications :
- Graduate from recognized university.
Physical Standards :
- A candidate must be physically and medically fit in all respects.
- Gainfully Employed.
Note : Serving member of the Regular Army/ Navy/ Air Force/ Police/ GREF/ Para Military and like forces are not eligible.
HOW TO APPLY :
- Candidates are required to apply online by using the website www.joinindianarmy.nic.in.
- The Ex Service Officers will be screened by the Army Headquarters Selection Board (ASB) held at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001.
- Recommended Ex Service Officers will undergo Medical Examination at Armed Forces Clinic, New Delhi followed by their Police Verification for final selection.
- Vacancies for male and female candidates will be determined as per organizational requirement.
PAY SCALES (VIIth PAY) :
Ex Service Officers are required to bring the following documents in original along with attested copies at the time of interview. All those ex service officers whose complete documents are not produced for verifications will not be allowed to attend the interview.
- One month Basic Training in the first year of commission.
- Two months Annual Training Camp every year including the first year.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF SERVICE :
- Territorial Army is part time concept with mandatory two months training in a year and does not provide full time career.
- Service in Territorial Army do not guarantee pension and the same is subject to embodied service as per organisational requirement.
- Commission is granted in the rank of Lieutenant.
- Pay and Allowances and privileges will be same as Regular Army Officers when embodied for training and military service.
- Promotions upto Lt Col by time scale subject to fulfilling laid down criteria. Promotion to Colonel and Brigadier by selection.
- Officers commissioned in Infantry TA may be called out for military service for longer duration depending on the requirement.
- Once previous service is verified from concerned PCDA (O) they are granted Ante- Date Seniority for Pay and Promotion.
Form completed in all respects will be accepted till 31 DECEMBER 2018 at Additional Directorate General Territorial Army, Integrated Headquarters of Ministry of Defence, ‘L’ Block, Church Road, New Delhi – 110 001. For more details about Territorial Army visit us at www.indianarmy.nic.in and download APPLICATION FORM ( FREE OF COST).