Read about INS Khanderi : India's second Scorpene class submarine
Here in this post you will read about INS Khanderi which is India's second scorpene class submarine
- The submarine has completed all its sea trials and is ready to join the Mumbai based western naval headquarters.
- It is a diesel-electric attack submarine
- Besides French naval defence and energy company DCNS designed it .
- Furthermore manufactured at Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai .
- Moreover, INS Khanderi, named after Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji's island fort Khanderi.
- Also Khanderi is also name for Tiger Shark .
- Submarine was launched in presence of Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre , chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba and other dignitaries on 12 January 2017.
- And the submarine began its sea trials on 1 June 2017.
- Features include – superior stealth and ability to attack enemy using precision guided weapon.
- Stealth features in addition to gives it invulnerability, unmatched by many submarines.
Induction Delay : Read below the possible reasons
- First is elections new government at the Centre is likely to take charge at the end of this month after the election results are declared on May 23.
- Besides , Second is retirement of Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba on May 31 .
- Under Project 75 India will construct 6 next generation diesel submarines.
- Also with Air Independent Propulsion System (AIP) technology for the Indian Navy by 2022.
- In fact the first of the series is INS Kalvari.
Stay connected to DDE for more updates