The S-400 Triumph Missile Deal That You Must Know
The S-400 Triumph Missile deal is one of the most talked deals ever. During the visit of Russian President Vladimir Putin to India in October 2018, India inked $5.43 billion deal for five advanced S-400, surface-to-air missile squadrons with Russia. And also, this is one of the biggest deals that India have made so far.
The S-400 Triumph Missile
It is an anti-aircraft weapon system and Russia’s Almaz Central Design Bureau developed it in the 1990s. It is an upgraded version of the S-300 systems and has been in service in Russia since 2007.
Operational range : 380 km
Manufacturer : Fakel Machine-Building Design Bureau
- It is one of the world’s most advanced long range air defence systems which is capable of destroying cruise and ballistic missiles also.
- The radar of S-400 can track long distances of about 600 km.
- The chief of Air Staff Air chief Marshal B. S. Dhanoa said that it will be a booster shot for the Indian Air force.
- And above all, this defence system is very important for India keeping in mind the threats from the neighbouring countries Pakistan and China.
- This is because Pakistan have 20 squadrons of upgraded F-16s and China possesses about 800 4th generation fighter aircrafts.
- China is also the first foreign buyer of s400 missiles and Moscow has already started the delivery to Beijing.
Despite the looming threat of US financial sanctions(CAATSA), India inked this $5.43 billion deal and this is going to make India autonomous and certainly more powerful.
click here for recent news on S-400