Records held by Armed Forces
1) The National And World Records Held By The Indian Armed Forces You Didn’t Know About Indian Army Tornadoes Team Set World Record For Most People On A Single Motorcycle
2) Indian Air Force C-130 Makes Longest Global Flight Ever. The aircraft and crew took off the early morning of Nov 18 and landed back only at 18:31 hrs in the evening, spending 13 hours and 31 mins in the air.
3) Indian Navy Divers Dive To Depth Of 230 Mts. A team of five soldiers dived to a depth of 233 meters off the coast of Kochi in 2011.
4) First Indian To Para Jump Over The Two Poles. Wing Commanded Kamal Singh Oberh, a para jump instructor at Paratrooper Training School, Agra of the Indian Air Force is the first Indian to have para jumped over both the poles.
5) Fastest Round The World Trip In A Microlight. Indian Air Force pilots Wing Commander Anil Kumar and Wing Commander Rahul Monga set a world record in 2007 by flying around the world in 79 days
6) Fighting At The World’s Highest Battlefield. Siachen Glacier is also the world’s highest battlefield that is manned throughout the year by the Indian Army. Supplies and evacuation are carried out by Cheetah helicopters of the Indian Air Force.
6) Indian Navy Operated The Oldest Aircraft Carrier (INS VIRAAT) In The World. The Indian Navy is the only navy in Asia to have fielded an aircraft carrier for more than 70 years.