JOIN MILITARY NURSING SERVICE
BSc (NURSING) COURSE
Applications are invited from FEMALE CANDIDATES (only)for admission to 4 years B Sc. (Nursing) Course commencing in 2019 at Colleges of Nursing of Armed Forces Medical Services.
Who can apply:
- Female candidates who are unmarried/divorcee/legally separated/ widow without encumbrances.
- Educational Qualification –Candidates must have passed in the first attempt, Senior Secondary Examination (10+2) or equivalent (12 Years schooling) examination with Physics, Chemistry, Biology (Botany & Zoology) and English with not less than 50% aggregate marks as a regular student from a Statutory / Recognized Board /University/ Examination Body. Candidates who will be appearing for Final year of qualifying examination during the current academic session may also apply provisionally
- The candidates finally selected for the course will have to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination with requisite subjects and marks before joining the Course.
Age Limit :
- Between 01 Oct 1994to 30 Sep 2002 (both days inclusive)
Number of Vacancies:
- Subsequent to passing the final year University examination for B Sc (Nursing) Course, the candidates will be offered Commission in the Military Nursing Service subject to medical fitness.
- The date of declaration of result from respective Universities will be the date of Commission for the candidates.
- The date of Commission determines the date of seniority in service among all candidates who have joined the Course in the same year. The tentative month of declaration of result of the existing 06 Colleges by the Universities is as given in the table below
- Download Defence medical criteria ebook here
- Medical fitness will be determined as per standards applicable for Commission in the Armed Forcesas amended from time to time. X-Ray examination of Chest and USG (of abdomen & pelvis) will be done.
- Minimum height should not be less than 148 cm (relaxed by 5cm in case of candidates belonging to Western Himalayan region, Eastern Himalayan region and Scheduled Tribes).
- Eligible applicants will be called for an objective type Written Test of 90 minutes duration likely to be held in Jan 2019, covering General English, Biology, Physics, Chemistry and General Intelligence.
- On the basis of merit of written Test, candidates will be called for interview during Apr 2019.
- Final selection will be based on Combined merit of Written Test& Interview, subject to medical fitness and vacancy in each College.
How to apply:
- Candidates may apply online and pay the application fee online only through www.joinindianarmy.nic.inwhich will be accessible from 12 Nov 2018to 30 Nov2018.
- The candidate’s E-mail ID is the user ID for this website and the candidate will select her own password. It is mandatory for the candidate to give one live contact mobile number for correspondence.
- Only the Eligible candidates will be able to pay the online application processing fee of Rs 150/-. On successful completion of online payment a bank reference number (DU Number) will be generated for the future correspondence of the candidate.
The last date for online submission of application & online payment of fee will be on 30 Nov2018 by 1700hrs
The Admit Card for the Written Test can be generated online by the candidate by 3rd week of Dec 2018