Read about INS Khanderi : India's second Scorpene class submarine
Here in this post you will read about INS Khanderi which is India's second scorpene class submarine
- The submarine has completed all its sea trials and is ready to join the Mumbai based western naval headquarters.
- It is a diesel-electric attack submarine
- Besides French naval defence and energy company DCNS designed it .
- Furthermore manufactured at Mazagon Dock Limited in Mumbai .
- Moreover, INS Khanderi, named after Maratha king Chhatrapati Shivaji's island fort Khanderi.
- Also Khanderi is also name for Tiger Shark .
- Submarine was launched in presence of Minister of State for Defence Subhash Bhamre , chief of the Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba and other dignitaries on 12 January 2017.
- And the submarine began its sea trials on 1 June 2017.
- Features include – superior stealth and ability to attack enemy using precision guided weapon.
- Stealth features in addition to gives it invulnerability, unmatched by many submarines.
Induction Delay : Read below the possible reasons
- First is elections new government at the Centre is likely to take charge at the end of this month after the election results are declared on May 23.
- Besides , Second is retirement of Navy chief Admiral Sunil Lanba on May 31 .
- Under Project 75 India will construct 6 next generation diesel submarines.
- Also with Air Independent Propulsion System (AIP) technology for the Indian Navy by 2022.
- In fact the first of the series is INS Kalvari.
Stay connected to DDE for more updates
Written by DDE
How to check your NDA marks
10 Habits that will make you a better prepared for SSB interview
List Of War Cries In Indian Army
How To Check Your CDS Marks For Individual Paper
How To Crack CDS Exam [Planning Blueprint & Books]
10 Things You Need To Work On Daily Basis For SSB
Download SSB call letter
Medals And Decorations Of Indian Military
What You Should Do When SSB Batch is Full