Important Defence Related Questions for CDS 1 2019 Exam
Hello friends. Hope you are doing well.
The CDS 1 2019 exam is to be held on 3rd February 2019. Along with the development of your personality, you might also be working hard for the upcoming written examinations. As you know that the general awareness part plays a very important and deciding role in the exam. Let me tell you, friends, that if you are working hard and are aware of the current happenings, you are very close to those shining stars waiting to decorate your shoulders.
So here we are with some of the important defence related information
- INS Khanderi, Second Scorpene Class Submarine Launched in Mumbai.
- Indian Navy has decommissioned INS Nirbhik and INS Nirghat warships at Naval Dockyard, Mumbai.
- The Defence Acquisition Council cleared the procurement proposal of 72,400 assault rifles and 93,895 carbines for the Indian armed forces.
- Tri-service maritime exercise ‘Paschim Lehar’ was held off India’s western coast.
- Indian Army is contributing approximately 2300 personnel to support United Nations Peacekeeping Missions to South Sudan.
- Guided Pinaka Rocket Successfully Test-Fired by India.
- Flying officer Avani Chaturvedi (24) created history by becoming first Indian woman pilot of Indian Air Force (IAF) to complete a solo flight in a MiG-21 Bison fighter aircraft.
- DRDO has carried out first successful test-flight of unmanned aerial vehicle (UAV) Rustom-2.
- The eighth edition Lamitye 2018, bilateral military exercise between Indian Army and Seychelles People’s Defence Force was held at Mahe Island in Seychelles archipelago.
- BSF launches operation ‘SardHawa’ at Rajasthan border.
- The Indo-French joint naval exercise Varuna-18 was held in the Arabian Sea off Goa coast.
- Indian Air Force (IAF) conducted Exercise Gaganshakti 2018, biggest air combat exercise along Pakistan, China borders between April 10 to 23, 2018.
- The first ever bilateral joint military training exercise HARIMAU SHAKTI 2018 between India and Malaysia began in dense forests of Sengai Perdik, Hulu Langat, Malaysia.
- Indian Army observed the year 2018 as “Year of Disabled Soldiers in Line of Duty” to honour soldiers who have been disabled in line of duty.
- The Indian Army contingent comprising of 7 Garhwal Rifles Infantry Battalion Group was awarded United Nations Medal for “selfless service”.
- INS Vikramaditya Becomes India’s First Warship to Have ATM Onboard.
- The Indian Army has drawn detailed plan to develop Jaisalmer Military Station in Rajasthan as smart facility patterned on Central Government’s Smart Cities Mission.
- The indigenously upgraded artillery gun Dhanush has successfully completed final user trials.
- The United States State Department has approved sale of six AH-64E Apache attack helicopters to India.
- Trilateral Naval Exercise Malabar 2018 between India, Japan and United States kicked off the coast of Guam in Philippine Sea.
- India hosted the first military exercise of the BIMSTEC Countries in September 2018 in Pune, Maharashtra.
- The government of India signed the much-anticipated deal worth $5.43-billion to buy five Russian S-400 Triumf air defence systems.
- India successfully test-fires Agni-III ballistic missile.
- India's first indigenous nuclear submarine INS Arihant successfully completed its first deterrence patrol.
- India and United States signed Communications Compatibility and Security Agreement (COMCASA) that will lead to a new generation of bilateral military partnership.
- Navy successfully tests land-attack BrahMos supersonic missile.
- The Indian Army on November 9 inducted three major artillery gun systems, including the M777 A2 Ultra Light Howitzers and K-9 Vajra self-propelled gun.
- The first ever mid-air refuelling of the indigenously developed light combat aircraft Tejas was successfully carried out in September this year.
Must have current affairs for CDS 1 2019 exams
This is really going to help you in the upcoming examinations. So friends, prepare well and I wish you All The Best.