Who is Admiral Karambir Singh
Fasten your seat belts and be with us on this journey to know about Admiral Karambir Singh .
Admiral Karambir Singh on 31st May 2019 assumed charge as the 24th chief of the naval staff after Admiral Sunil Lanba retired .
He has PVSM, AVSM ,SSM . Besides , He also has Operation Vijay Medal and Operation Parakram Medal .
Here is what you should know .
Admiral Karambir Singh
- He became a part of Indian Navy in July 1980.
- And earned his wings as helicopter pilot in 1982.
- The Admiral has extensive experience with the HAL Chetak,Kamov ka-25 and Kamov Ka-28 Helicopters.
- Moreover he has commanded the Coast Guard ship ICGS Chand Bibi,INS Vijaydurg,INS Rana,INS Delhi .
- He also served as the Fleet Operations Officer of the Western Fleet .
- Furthermore , He was also a member of the Aircrew Instrument Rating and Categorisation Board (AIRCATS).
- Also he was appointed as chief of staff,Eastern naval command ,on promotion to flag rank .
- In addition to that the Admiral is the senior most Naval Aviator.
- Moreover he is the first helicopter pilot of Indian Navy to lead Naval armed forces and become CNS .
- However Vice Adm. Bimal Verma, Chief of Andaman and Nicobar based tri-service command had approached the Armed Forces Tribunal (AFT) questioning the appointment as he was the seniormost Naval officer after Admiral Lanba.
Stay connected to DDE for more such informational blogs .
Jai Hind !!!
Written by DDE
How to check your NDA marks
10 Habits that will make you a better prepared for SSB interview
List Of War Cries In Indian Army
How To Check Your CDS Marks For Individual Paper
How To Crack CDS Exam [Planning Blueprint & Books]
10 Things You Need To Work On Daily Basis For SSB
Download SSB call letter
Medals And Decorations Of Indian Military
What You Should Do When SSB Batch is Full