Important Sports Achievements for CDS 1 2019
Hello friends. How is it going? The general knowledge paper of CDS exam consists of about 10 questions related to the current affairs and even more. And which further comprises of important fields like Indian defence and the sports achievements as well. And above all, the year 2018 was very important because apart from the early world championships, the commonwealth games and the Asian games were also there.
So let us have a look at some of the most important sports achievements for NDA and CDS exam
Before we begin, you are highly advised to go through the Best curated current affairs for Combined defence service examination
- Pankaj Advani became the first Indian to win Asian snooker tour title held in Jinan, China being the nineteen time world champion also.
- India defeated Bangladesh to win the 2018 Asia Cup.
- Pakistan defeated India to win the Asian team snooker championship.
- Lewis Hamilton clinched the Singapore grand prix 2018 title.
- The Asian para games were held in Jakarta Indonesia in 2018 and are scheduled to be held in Hangzhou, China in 2022.
- In the Japan open tennis tournament, kento momota of Japan won the men’s singles title. Carolina Marin of Spain won the women’s singles title.
- Maldives defeated India to win the SAFF CUP (South Asian football federation) . It was held in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
- Sarjubala Devi of Manipur won the National women boxing championship and the best boxer award also.
- In the U-19 Cricket World Cup India beat Australia (venue: New Zealand).
- Vidarbha defeated Delhi to win the Ranji trophy 2017-18.
- Sebastian Vettel won the Australian grand prix title whereas Lewis Hamilton one the Singapore grand prix tournament.
- MC Mary Kom won the third gold medal in 48 kg category in Silesian open tournament for women in Gilwice, Poland. She is the five time world champion also.
- The 2018 Asian games were held in Jakarta and Palembang in Indonesia from August 18 to September 2.
- The mascots of the 18th Asiad: bhin bhin(a bird), kaka(a one horned rhino) and atung(a deer).
- Bajrang Punia won the first gold medal for India in 65 kg freestyle wrestling.
- Vinesh phogat(50 kg) became the first Indian woman wrestler to win gold in Asiad.
The following players won gold for India in the respective sport/game:
Neeraj Chopra in javelin throw
Tajinder Pal in shortput
Manjit Singh in 800m race
Jinson Johnson in 1500 m race
Rahi Sarnobat in 25m pistol shooting
- Amit Panghal clinched a gold in 49 kg boxing. This is important because he defeated the Rio Olympic gold medalist Hasanboy.
- Saurav Chaudhary became the youngest Asiad gold medalist in 10m pistol shooting also.
- Rikako Iki of Japan named as the most valuable player in the eighteenth Asiad.
- Overall India took the 8th position in the results of the game. The top 3 countries being China Japan and South Korea.
- The 21st commonwealth games were held in Goldcoast, Australia from 4 to 15 April, 2018.
- Weightlifter Mirabai chanu got the first gold medal for India in 48 kg category.
- Saina Nehwal won the gold medal in women’s single badminton championship.
- Anish Bhanwala also clinched the gold medal in men’s 25m rapid pistol fire.
- In men’s javelin throw, Neeraj Chopra won a gold medal.
These were some of the major sports events of 2018 that are very important for the upcoming exams
All The Best